15 March 2014

Floral arrangement – Husking technique

On the other day, I was browsing for some quilling tutorials and came across this husking technique where the paper strips are husked across a comb, instead of traditional quilling tool. Found it interesting and thought of giving it a try. I had whole bunch of red paper strips, which I had cut for making a sun-flower bouquet. Broke the rule and used them for this project and the leaves are made from a handmade paper. Centre is a fringed quilled flower. After I showed it to my elder son, he commented – ‘mom, if you put this in our balcony, bees may come, thinking that these are real flowers’…I’m flattered. Thank you my son and it made me add a bee here [thanks to my friend, who also posted a comment for cherry blossom tree, which triggered this bee idea]



No comments:

Post a Comment

First IG reel

  Reel