25 June 2014

Quilling Tight coiled flowers-make over

This is not a fresh project. I did a make-over to an earlier project. I made a bunch of pink tight coiled flowers and they were residing in a vase for quite some time. I realized the traces of dirt and felt that these should go behind a glass. I’ve kept them in a hand-made frame for some time. Later, added the leaves (simplest ones that I’ve made so far)…I just placed a floral wire at the back of crepe paper and bend it as required and added such leaves all over. Finally framed it and presented it to a friend’s daughter on her birthday. Glad that she liked it :)

A closer look:

11 June 2014

Paper peacock

I came across this beautiful creation in http://quillingmesoftlee.blogspot.tw/2013/06/quilled-national-bird.html#links and ever since I’ve seen this, I couldn’t stop myself from attempting one. Thanks Pritesh for your inspiring creation. The eyes of the peacock feathers took most of the time for me as I have made them with paper coils first and I was not satisfied. Then, simply paper one. I didn’t like this one as well. Finally, I’ve used clay for some 3D effect and painted on top of it.